Last week I was interested in the rickandmortyapi because it gave me a path to figuring out how API’s are built and work to fetch data. This week I have decided to work on ethereums generic API python wrapper called web3.py..
Ethereums web3.py project was requesting that somebody go in and change a load of modules method names to snake_case so that they had a more pythonic styling.
I chose the GethPersonal module and changed all the method names from camelCase to Snake_Case.. Also, I updated the docs for that module to include the changes.
The different tasks I ended up doing to implement this was:
- Add deprecation warnings to old methods tests , and add new snake_case method tests.
- Add snake_case methods to GethPersonal class.
- Update the docs.
- Add new snake_case methods to the eth_tester and deprecate old methods.
link to issue I made here
link to pull request I created here